Robinsons Jewellers established in 1973. The Robinson family moved to Lutterworth in 1973 purchasing 16, Church Street from John Wheeler, who had traded in Lutterworth for many years as Wheelers Tobacconist. Wheelers was in those days a very old traditional tobacconist and Robinsons carried on that tradition throughout the 70’s, Janet Robinsons family was one of the oldest established jewellers in Leicester dating back to 1824. Trading as (Chas E Green, Church Gate) It was always a dream that Janet would own & run her own jewellery business. By the end of the 70’s Janet had transformed the business from a tobacconist to a thriving high class jewellers.
In 1981 Janet’s son Matthew Robinson took hold of the reins. With a passion for dealing in antique, second-hand jewellery, Matthew took the business from strength to strength. Building up a fabulous clientele, valuable stock and above all a strong reputation. In 1987 Jason Barnett joined the family business as an apprentice goldsmith building up his skills in all aspects of repairs, restoration of fine jewellers which today is a big part of the service Robinsons offers its customers. In 1989 Adam Robinson joined the family business opening the second branch in Wigston Magna. Robinsons reputation for excellent customer service soon saw the opening of another shop in 2004 the shop on Granby Street in Leicester opened.
Robinsons are very proud to have loyal, supportive, hardworking and knowledgeable staff. Which has proved most valuable in establishing Robinsons as one of the leading jewellers in Leicestershire today. 40 years on, Robinsons continues to provide as unrivaled service, supplying fine diamond jewellery, ranging in antique and modern designs and watches in the worlds leading brands.